This is our go to chocolate brownie recipe, the twins love making it and eating it. I like to tell myself that its allowed once in a while since they’ll be getting some cocoa in them.
“Cocoa also contains approximately 43.6 mg of flavonoids per gram. Flavonoids are part of a powerful group of antioxidants known as polyphenols, and according to Medical News Today, cocoa is one of the highest polyphenol-containing foods”.
You an read more benefits here: Cocoa Powder Health Benefits. So don’t feel too bad about enjoying a slice! I haven’t added nuts but they go really well with it as does a dollop of ice cream.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour an 8 inch pan.
- Melt the butter and mix with the sugar.
- Beat two eggs and add to the mixture.
- Mix in the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.
Happy Baking xx